Friday, June 2, 2017

To my Dear Father -Postcard Friendship Friday #360



Father's Day will soon be here.  It is a hard day for my children and for me--because we share the sorrow of loosing our Daddys.  It is astounding to share that kind of sorrow with one's children...  My Dad flew to heaven a little over four years ago.  Their Daddy passed on two and a half years ago.

My Father was a wonderful man.  He was fair and strong, gentle and loving.  It is said women often marry someone like their Father--I did.  Alan was a dear and precious Daddy who generously loved his children more than himself.  In this, I have been doubly blessed.

Our tradition now, is to get the family together to reminisce and to laugh together.  We eat good food, play lots of music and tell stories.  It is beautiful, sweet and yet achingly sad.  Isn't it amazing how we can share our sorrows and are the better for it?

Happy Father's Day dear ones, and Happy Postcard Friendship Friday.

LINKING UP:  You can put your link in any time between now and next Thursday.  Postcard Friendship Friday is open for the entire week!     

* BADGE:  When you submit a postcard, be sure to put a link back to this page.  You can copy and paste the PFF badge, which has the link embedded.  Thank you! 

THEMES: You don't have to stick to the theme I choose each Friday. Just put up the postcards you love and tell us why you like them.





No comments: